Monday 4 March 2013

Garath Storming through the Hillcrest 42km


Well this is one for the books!!!
I don’t think I have ever run/swim in such rainy, thundering and lightning conditions. But even though conditions where terrible it was an experience of a life time. As many of us runners know preparing mentally for a marathon is just as important as the mileage, well I had a great plan of where and when I was going to use my 3 Gu’s that I had taken along with me, only to find out after the 2km I had managed to lose all 3 of them L. Never the less I managed to charm some blonde and convinced her to give me one of hers. (Sorry Angie, runners must do what runners must do, ha ha ha).



 

I managed a SUB 4 hour but only because Mike helped me through and once again a BIG thanks to Mike aka “coach”. The best part of the event though was Dowie’s beers at the end of the race.
 



Submitted by Garath

1 comment:

  1. We should join New York Athletic Club on our way of getting fit. They are frequently giving tips on how everybody on the club can be more fitter. Now, I would also like to join them sometime this month.

    http://www.equinox.com/regions/newyork

    ReplyDelete